2022 Fire Dept Softball Tournament Info Page
Page Last Updated: September 21, 2022
- When: Sept 17 (Note: We got a third field, so we can play all games in one day instead of two).
- Where: Co-Op Fields (bottom of Belvedere Ave.) and Central 1 (by Charlottetown Rural).
- Tournament Type: Co-Ed fun tournament (recognize that it may not be possible for every FD to submit a co-ed team. We will adjust as needed). Family friendly.
- Post-Tournament Event: CRFD will have a cash bar available at the hall, located at 4 Georgetown Rd., in Stratford immediately following the games. All are welcome to attend.
- Tournament Cost: $200 per team, due by Sept 10th. E-transfer preferred (email@example.com).
- Food and Amenities: A food truck will be set up at Central One. There are also restaurants and fastfood places near the Co-Op Fields.
Full schedule and rules below (any changes will be updated here).
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (902.393.5830)
SCHEDULE: New Schedule (Posted Sept 15, 2022)
2022 PEI Firefighter Softball Tournament Rules
- 5 runs allowed per inning. 10 run rule is in affect after the 5th inning.
- Each team will be allowed 1 Homerun per inning, anything after that in the same inning will be a single with all runners advancing 1 base (forced or not)
- Home team will be decided by a coin toss until the first game of playoffs, at which time the highest seed will have the choice of home or away. Teams will not be allowed to play for +/- after the game has ended (ie Home team winning after the top of the 7th inning cannot bat the bottom to gain +/-)
- It is mandatory for teams to be at diamonds 15 minutes prior to their assigned start times, ready to play.
- This means if your scheduled start time is 10:00AM, you must be at the diamond by 9:45AM and ready to play, if a warm up is required please do so off the field as previous reaches its final inning.
- A scoring line and commitment line will be used at home. You must be standing on home plate for the out to be made, this will always be a force play.
- This means no tagging the runner after they cross the commitment line. If a runner steps on mat or plate runner is out.
- Your foot must be down across the line to be considered a run before the ball gets to catcher on plate/mat.
- Maximum number of players on the field is 10.
- If at the end of the 7th inning or last inning a game is tied, it shall be resolved by playing additional innings until tie is broke.
- Third strike foul is an out.
- No metal/steel Cleats
- Infield Fly rule is in effect.
- All players must be 16 years of age or older.
- Bases will be set at 65 feet.
- Pitcher must pitch from no less than 50 feet from home plate and no more than 60 feet.
- Foul tip to the catcher that is caught is an out regardless of height.
- Teams must retrieve their foul or home-run balls, please make sure to go get the balls!
- All bats will be required to have the USSA stamp
- Player CAN NOT slide; players CAN dive back to a base.
- Batters will be allowed to place one foot in front of the plate or one foot behind the back. If both feet go past the front or back the batter is out.
- Legal pitch height is 6ft minimum and 12 ft Maximum. Umpire's discretion
- Make sure the on-deck batter is out and ready, this can really slow the game down.
- There are no restrictions or requirements for Gender, much like the Fire Department we encourage all to come out and participate.
- Umpires reserve the right to kick you out of the game at their discretion if they deem you unsafe to play. If you are kicked out of the game for this reason you will be made to sit the next game.
- Round Robin tie breakers; 1st Head to Head (if possible), 2nd Plus Minus, 3rd Defensive runs, 4th 1v1 hose roll competition or coin toss